Recently Energy Star sent out an email notice of a new Participant Agreement for the 2023-2024 year that unfortunately did not reach all participants. If you DID NOT receive the email contact Sophie Southin firstname.lastname@example.org to request the new PA and update your ES account contact information.
There are two significant changes to the Energy Star Participant Agreement you need to take notice of highlighted in the Administrative Arrangement bullets below.
Terms of this Administrative Arrangement
• ENERGY STAR Canada Brand Book, including misrepresentation of the ENERGY STAR
brand in Canada;
• ENERGY STAR Product Specifications;
• Requirements for post-market verification testing;
• Requirements for the submission of annual unit shipment data; and
• Requirements for the Labelling and Promotion of ENERGY STAR® Certified Fenestration
Products Sold in Canada (for fenestration manufacturers only).
Fenestration Canada has communicated with the ES Fenestration Products admistrators and they have
agreed to postpone the initial submission date of the signed agreement from July 28, 2023 to later this
fall, as soon as we receive a revised submission date we will advise.
We will continue to work with Energy Star to confirm the details of the new agreement and provide
support to our members on the updates as we receive them.